Memory foam mattress in a box is gaining more popularity mainly because of its convenience when it comes to purchasing a mattress. Imagine the ease of shopping a mattress online and upon choosing the right one for you it will be delivered directly in your door step in a very cool box. Another thing that makes it even more enticing would be the sleep trial that goes up to 365 days which means you can sleep on that mattress up to 365 days before deciding if it is right for you, but the question is what if you feel that it is not right for you, how do you send it back? moreover how do you place it back in the box??
How to Get a Memory Foam Mattress Back in the Box?
Returns for mattress-in-a-box is usually free though the challenging part could be putting back the mattress in a box. Good thing you only need a vacuum, plastic sleeve, tape and the box. Below are a few steps on how to do it:
- Place the memory foam mattress on the ground. Prepare the plastic packaging and place it next to the mattress.
- Bag it up and seal it in. Kneel down at one end of the mattress with another person holding the other end. Upon sealing, leave one corner open to insert the vacuum, then seal it with a tape during the process.
- After vacuum packing, roll the mattress like a big sleeping bag.
- Secure it with tie string or tape it up really good to keep it from unrolling. If you kept the plastic sleeve (that came with it) that would be good and if you haven’t you can buy one.
- Place it back in the box and tape it up.
Mattress in a Box Pros
- Convenience. One of the key reasons why people are drawn to purchase mattress in a box. You no longer need to drive around, visit couple of retail stores and usually end up choosing nothing and need to come back another time.
- Sleep Trial. Sleep trial usually have fair number of days to test and decide if you want the mattress or not. Some even goes up to 365 day trial.
- Cheaper. Direct-to-consumer mattress set up makes it more cheaper for consumers.
- Lighter. Mattress in a box are a lot lighter than traditional mattresses which makes it easier to be moved around.
Mattress in a Box Cons
- Heat. There could be a problem of sleeping too hot most nights since memory foam mattress retain more heat than traditional mattresses.
- Odor. Since most mattress in a box are made of foam there could be a potential problem of smell or off-gassing though it normally subsides after a few weeks.
- The need to air it out. A few days are usually recommended to “air out” your mattress.
Shopping for a new mattress can be tiring but today there are a lot of options to make your purchase a lot easier. If you are always on the go, a mattress in a box could be a good solution for your problem. You can always find a good quality memory foam mattress that distribute body weight evenly contributing to your good night’s sleep.